Tuesday, March 14, 2006


Person Becomes Trapped In Metro Elevator
Fire Personnel Come To Rescue


POSTED: 1:10 pm EST March 14, 2006
UPDATED: 1:35 pm EST March 14, 2006

FOREST GLEN, Md.

Metro said one person had to be rescued from an elevator at the Forest Glen Metro Station Tuesday morning.

Metro said the person became trapped at about 9:15 a.m. and was rescued about an hour and a half later.

Personnel from the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Department rescued the person, Metro said.
An investigation is under way to determine what caused the elevator to stop. (my theory – not enough elevator outages all ready)

http://www.nbc4.com/news/7995105/detail.html

This is slightly amusing to me. I have never been trapped in an elevator until I started working in DC, and fortunately it was not in a Metro elevator (that’s just lazy) I was only stuck in it was for two minutes. The woman I was trapped with was getting hysterical and I was the one that remained calm. I was just thinking that there probably would have been a death had we been trapped in there for an hour and a half. I would have killed her.

~S~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you have gone all Power-Ranger-Crazy on her ass??? Ha ha ha - I can't WAIT to see you in this helmet!

Anonymous said...

hopefully it wasn't one of those glass elevators where everyone can see you like at metro center!!! Imagine sitting there for an hour and a half while people pointed and laughed! Man, talk about getting a worse complex than I already have! HAHA!!!

Anonymous said...

Dreamy