Monday, November 21, 2005

It's official...


...I am a dork. I went on my lunch break to get a ticket for the new Harry Potter movie. Luckily for y'all, I took Orange Crush, in hopes of scoring a sweet story for your entertainment (as mentioned by her in an entry earlier today, my partner in crime and I drove to our glorious place of employment today).

First off, Glamour Shots: never understood 'em. However, I seriously thought about asking their poster model, who was on the OC with me. Daaaaaaamn - I've never seen anyone apply so much makeup in one sitting - and I was in a sorority...I was patiently awaiting the application of Aqua Net - I used to live and die by that big beautiful aerosol can - but I was let down. Sitting across the aisle from Glamour Gal was Mr. Fussy - he had that nervous twitch that a lot of guys have of tapping their toe, their leg shaking uncontrollably. This kid took it to a whole new level - his leg was moving as though independent of his body.

On my way back from satisfying my dork gene (those of you who know me will probably say "It's plural, B - GENES"), as I was stepping off the escalator at my stop for work, a man with a briefcase, wearing a suit, stopped at the top of the escalator. Yes. He stopped. Dead stand-still. He was standing in the middle, so I had to tap his shoulder, "Excuse me," to get around him. Now, I've received dirty looks before, but this one would've made Dick Cheney cry - even I was on the verge of tears. He seemed thoroughly annoyed that I had DARED to excuse myself. Jebus...next time I'll just shove my way around you, hopefully knocking that Coach "Man-Bag" out of your hand. Ah, DC men - I LOVE YOU!!

Have a great 3-day week everyone!! (and if you don't have a 3-day week - SUCKS TO BE YOU)

B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A sorority in Texas none the less! HA

Anonymous said...

aquanet?, come on. If I only had the chance to meet you during those days. Well...I do recall you went an idulged yourself with a little BM. Can't wait to share Thanksgiving grub with you, I am sure it will be 'Nothing but a Good Time'.