Sunday, February 12, 2006

F#*!ing Snow


I know it's super-mean to find humor in someone else's misfortune, but c'mon - this picture is hilarious!

I love how pretty it is the morning after a big snow - still stuck on the trees, making it a winter wonderland. I was driving home from S's house this morning (we had our biggest training run yesterday - 8 miles!), since it was too nasty to leave last night, and 260 and Route 4 made for a beautiful drive. It all ended when I got to the Zooland (read: Suitland) Parkway. I found out too late from WTOP that it was closed at the turn-off to get to 95, due to fallen trees at a Mean Green 'chro station. See? The Green really IS Mean! I got lost - "Of course you did!" is what S said when I told her - trying to find 95, and ended up on 295. Basically, I drove in a big circle because I'M AN IDIOT. If I hadn't found 295 and finally grasped my bearings, I prolly would've called S, in tears no doubt.

Then, as I finally made it back into Virginia (this time listening a little more closely to WTOP - ha ha), a Dominion Electric spokeswoman informed me that the power was out throughout most of northern Virginia. Given the very advanced age of my apartment building, I was prepared for the worst, and was already starting to weigh my options, since she said power in most areas wouldn't be restored until TOMORROW NIGHT. Luckily, I arrived home to a fully-powered apartment - Jebus must've taken a little pity on me after my Zooland experience.

All in all, I love the snow, because it makes it feel more like winter in a city with no definable seasons. Until it causes trees to fall, and power to go out. A little cooperation, please, Mr. Whomever-Makes-it-Snow - trust me, you don't want to be on my bad side. Yeah, I know - I'm soooo tough, threatening a make-believe person...

~B~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should just move in with us. Finnegan has been in mourning since you left. He won't come out of the guest bedroom.

Anonymous said...

My poor Finny! Tell him I'll see him in a couple weeks. :)