Thursday, January 12, 2006

The 10 Commandments – not a trap – a map (Penn Ave. Baptist Church in SE)


In case you were wondering - I have decided to start preaching. I may as well since I am one of few that actually read these signs as I drive to work to make the time go by faster. In addition, since I was busy and all day yesterday, I did not get to post any of the amusing tales of "S", So here goes.

Let me back up a little, the whole reason for driving to work yesterday was the Capitals Game the night before (thanks Trey!) and the 5 (?) beers I had for dinner. I did not feel like getting out of bed and moving at the speed of lightening like I usually do – so I was slow, it was raining and I wanted coffee. I also had a run in with a 20-year old drunk kid named John after the Caps game last night who insisted on spitting, err, I mean having a conversation with me loud enough for the rest of the train to hear. Thank god I was able to duck out at L'Enfant Plaza and he continued on the "Special Blue" from Gallery Place (still trying to figure this out) Therefore, I decided to take my headache and my time and just drive into work Wednesday. As I made my trek down Pennsylvania Avenue and was thinking about what I would do this weekend. It dawned on me as I read yet another sign that on Friday, January 13, 2006, if I so choose (and according to the sign) I could go to the Church of Jesus Christ, Inc. and go to the seminar on "The Truth Behind Hip Hop." I did not realize there was truth behind it although it is interesting to find out what that is. I love the ghetto. Anywho....

I drove again today although there was no excitement this morning. Maybe on the way home or during lunch when I will venture over to Hecht's at Metro Center to replace the pair of shoes that my dogs decided they (he - we know who it was) wanted to eat after I left the house yesterday (Jack has a shoe fetish) with an even cuter pair which will remain on lockdown so the little bastards will not end up at Peking (oliquoretChineseour, chinefriedd and fried chicken store -HA!) being used for General TsoÂ’s and Hunan Meals.

And one last thing, I finally rode the "Yellow Line of Sunshine" Last Friday..it was so wonderful that I already forgot about itÂ…Â…. That will probably be the first and the last time riding the waste of a line. We will see, you never know.

~S~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preach it, Pastor G! Ha ha ha. Only go to the history session if it involves details about Reverend Run. And poor Sunshine...poor, poor Sunshine...

Anonymous said...

You better hide that cuter pair when you get them cause I saw the other pair and its wasn't pretty. That dog is probably still picking leather out of his teeth.

Anonymous said...

c-dawg - you believe I went and come back empty handed. JJ will be shocked!