Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Crazy 8's


Finally, the ‘Chro has come to its senses. The 8-car trains for the OC. Glory, glory, halleluiah!! http://www.wmata.com/about/met_news/story.cfm?ID=560 Granted, the middle 2 cars are still packed to the gills since people will ALWAYS be stupid, but at least us smarties have more options – you know us, we’re the ones who actually spread out down the platform as the Voice suggests. See, the Voice really does know what it’s talking about – why won’t you obey the Voice? (Ok, I’ll stop – I’m starting to sound like a Kool-Aid drinkin’ Nike wearer…) “’We would like Orange Line passengers to pay special attention to the system and train announcements, and to check the 'next train' signs to see when an eight-car train is arriving at their station so they can move to the far ends of the platform to access all cars,’ said Mr. Hughes.” See? Mr. Hughes respects the Voice – he’s down with OPP (yeah you know me!).

I only see one thing wrong with the new 8-car trains: it’s only a 6-month TRIAL. Yes. A TRIAL. WMATA is treating us OC riders like guinea pigs, and that’s not right, since I’d rather be treated like…um…I dunno. “Metro is able to run eight-car trains on a limited basis until power upgrades are made systemwide.” Why, why, WHY doesn’t WMATA do the upgrades first, then add the 8-car trains? They know the 8-car trains are going to help. I mean, duh, why wouldn’t they?? Now I’m afraid that I’ll be on an 8-car train one day, minding my business while getting my ass grabbed during my morning commute, and the power will suddenly go out, and I won’t even be able to turn around to see if my ass-grabber was cute. C’mon, ‘Chro, get your priorities straight – can’t you see that mine are??

Happy Tuesday, everyone – try not to get blown away by the Katrina winds out there!

~B~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot picture it....waaaaay toooo many people in Arlington.