Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Blind Leading the Blind….


As a follow up, ironically, as I got off at McPherson Square this morning, despite the shoes I was wearing (NINE WEST is what I am having for lunch today), I ran into a blind person. Well not literally but he abruptly stopped in front of me on the platform almost causing an accident. It appeared that his walking stick was caught in the grooves on the tile. Maybe Metro should make a video out that. Anyhow, I covertly watched him get on the escalator, go through the exit thingly (whatever they are called) and then get on another escalator to exit the station. Hell, on a good day I cannot do that without walking into something or tripping (especially with these shoes).

My other “incident” of the morning was the elderly man who so kindly sat down next to me at Stadium Armory and continued to get more and more comfortable while reading his paper, practically smashing my face and body into the window. That only lasted until Metro Center where I was praying he would get off and have a serious crime occur (see yesterday) so he can see what being uncomfortable feels like.

I still need to figure out what the alleged suicide attempt was yesterday at Farragut North that had the L Street exit closed off. The only thing I can think is some woman was shopping at the VS on Connecticut Avenue and did not get the matching set she wanted and decided to take her life. VS has that effect on some…..well maybe just the DIE-hard shoppers.

~S~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or maybe she hated her shoes...

Anonymous said...

Ok first off lets trade the Nine West shoes in for a comfortable running shoe. And since this blog is about the metro lets use this to our advantage for training. Next time get off the metro at the stop before your last stop near work and run your ass to work. This will kill two birds with one stone. Training for the 10-miler and no one will smash your face up against the window reading their newspaper. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Thanks C-Dawg - Always thinking. :)