Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Here we go again.



I (once again) have been slacking on my Metro riding. This morning it was traffic and the fact hat it was raining which would have put me at the Addison Road Station instead of Morgan Boulevard which I swore I would not go to again. It baffles me that that station scares me more than Naylor Road and I used to park at the Legend Nightclub over there for $3.00 a day. It was also a slight problem which the fact that there is an escaped sex offender on the loose and he was last spotted coming out of a McDonalds on Central Avenue near the station I park at according to a news report that I read yesterday. I have yet to hear of a positive but I will keep you posted on the capture.
Then to my dismay as I was trying to find a link to the above article I read on this for your reading pleasure I stumbled upon this interesting piece of news about one of my route choices home– at last resort since the armed police officers with guns drawn were spotted by me last week - http://www.nbc4.com/traffic/6624159/detail.html. It looks like me and the rest of DC will be taking PA Avenue home.
All the more reason to run after work with my “Partner In Crime” for our MARATHON TRAINING……that’s right, you heard it here first, we are both running the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon on June 4th. We are training with TEAM IN TRAINING which is an awesome organization that helps to “raise funds to support the Society's research, education and patient programs to meet our ultimate goal: CURES for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma”. Our goal is to raise $4,000 each which will go towards the above. We will also sponsor and run in honor of a local blood cancer survivor and also in support of loved ones and friends we know that have suffered this terrible disease.


Now that I think about it – I could leave my car here and run the marathon or “ “IRON Woman” to my house. J/K


~S~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm only running in San Diego for the free beer at the end. :) Ha - can't wait, S, we're going to pull thru together!! You are the wind beneath my wings, after all. Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bette - Do you think its illegal to solicit money on BLOGGER???? HA