Thursday, January 12, 2006

All right ramblers, let's get rambling!


Looks like Mr. White is on his way out (God, that sounds SO Reservoir Dogs!!): http://www.nbc4.com/news/6005753/detail.html. And no wonder – he worked with the Jersey transit system…ha ha ha, just kidding, Boss Man! Apparently, the director of DC’s DOT is taking over until they find a new CEO. And if the timetable on approving Supreme Court Justices is any indication, it could be a while before the new CEO is chosen. Seeing as “The Metro Board is made up predominantly of politicians, not mass transit experts,” that assumption doesn’t seem too far off-base. Gosh, I wasn’t aware that the Metro Board wielded so much political power…Why not just make Mr. Long-and-Hard-to-Pronounce-Last-Name the new head honcho?? He obviously has the experience, and he’s giving up all of his positions in order to assume the intermittent role (for a hefty sum, no doubt!). I just don’t understand politics, or Corporate America, I guess – why does everything have to be so difficult, when it could be simplified just like that? If I was running the show…well, best not look at that scenario, right? Because we all know that would involve piped-in music and mandatory pole-dancing…

Speaking of poles (ha ha ha), I must revisit an old topic, one I’m sure has been covered by myself and S in previous posts: the pole-hog. Yes, that annoying man/woman/child that insists on wrapping arms/legs around the pole, making it impossible for anyone else to utilize that pole for safety. Maybe I’m totally off-base here, but isn’t that a bit RUDE? Especially when adults do it – c’mon, people, have you no manners? My favorite is the pole-hogs who get angry when you try to grab on – what, is it YOUR pole? I don’t see your NAME on it!!! Have a little common courtesy; if not, watch out, ‘cause karma is a BITCH. Yeah, I’m talking to you, Miss Olivia Newton-John Look-Alike on the OC this morning. I’ll pimp-slap that better-than-everyone-else look right off your face. Yeah, I said it!!

Well, say a prayer for the fate of our ‘Chro system – pray it ends up in the hands of an understanding individual, and pray it doesn’t take an entire session of Congress to find that person.

~B~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B - You rock! Maybe you should run that shiznit!