Friday, December 02, 2005

HA!


http://wtop.com/?nid=30&sid=636563 ……That has got to be the most hilarious thing I have read in awhile. Now for those of you that know me, you are well aware that I have a slight case of tourettes and I generally say what’s on my mind. So that being said – WTF is Metro thinking. This is great - "We're trying to get people not to block the doors - even when the platform is crowded," ok Jimbo….you must have a f’ing PhD and drive your CLK Mercedes to the Metro headquarters, wherever they may be and not ride the CHRO. That has got to be the most asinine thing I have read in awhile. Great, put up new signs and have some announcer try to speed up passengers, oh yeah and not to mention that this will probably cause a raise in the prices to ride because they have to pay for this nonsense somehow. First of all, how many of us actually pay attention to what they are saying. Not me. The only one that gets my attention is the announcement to watch for suspicious packages and that one doesn’t even get me anymore. Secondly, look at the jackasses that ride the metro, now this may be mean but how many of them do you think are literate? Not many on my line. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but good lord, when you are speaking in Ebonics – what the hell makes you think they can read. Last I checked there was not an Ebonics encyclopedia. Now let me say this – I am only speaking of the kids. There are a ton of professionals that ride the BBB with me, but I also get the kids that go from Benning Road to wherever it is they go during the day (lets hope its not school – that would be just as bad as PG County Schools which I don’t like to tell people that I am a proud graduate of – for fear that I will be expected to speak in Ebonics).
http://www.wmata.com/about/met_news/story.cfm?ID=494 ……here’s another. Now I know I said that I may try to ride this weekend and I even had plans on Sunday to go with my husband to visit my partner in crime but we will be driving. Sorry guys – I am not in the mood for delays on the weekend considering I deal with them daily. The herky jerky of the train for several stops because somehow they get backed up but are still cram packed. I swear I have whiplash. Do you think I could file a claim for that?

~S~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the "fight" over whether or not to use solid arrows, arrows with circles, etc. Jebus, it's just ridiculous that WMATA actually thinks people will follow the rules - I'd like them to show me one person who does now!