Thursday, December 01, 2005

Wow, Billy Shatner was quite the dashing young man...


There's just nothing like sweating your buns off (wait...nope, still there! sorry...) on the elliptical, walking down to the platform, being smashed into people before you get on the train, and have coffee spilled on you. Yes, this happened to me about an hour ago at good ol' FarraGUT W. To make matters worse, that lovely little voice did come on to tell us what the delay was...IN SPANISH. Not sure how long I waited, but started to get even more impatient as coffee was spilled on me for the second time. Yes, the man standing directly in front of me speaking very loudly to impress the girl he was with in what I can ONLY assume was a fake British accent spilled coffee on me for the second time - he likes gesturing wildly with his hands, I noticed a little too late in the game.

Once I finally got on the OC, I was positioned directly behind a girl with her hair done up in some elaborate bun with chopsticks poking out of it, about 2 inches from my face. She was sort of rocking back and forth, so I nearly lost an eye - kinda would've been cool to be a pirate though...damn...Then the train stopped at FogBot (that's slang for Foggy Bottom, according to the kids) where the train was crammed even more so. These 3 jackasses were right next to me, the one talking very loudly directly into my ear, for no reason at all - I sniffed for alcohol, but they appeared to be sober (in smell, anyway). I think it was a I-can-pull-more-Star-Trek-references-out-of-my-ass-than-you-can contest, because that's all they were talking about. Shame, really - one of them was kinda cute, but one of my rules is that I must be the bigger dork - he needs to be ashamed of ME, not the other way around...anyways, I almost didn't make it off at C-house and I had to shove a woman out of the way trying to get on before I could get off. She muttered "Bitch" under her breath, but instead of pulling a S (heart u) and flattening her to the ground, I simply kept on walking, thinking only of the beer awaiting me in my fridge. Ah, Yuengling - how can you be so cheap AND so good?? Here's to you, my little Trekkie!

B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF is wrong with his sleeve? Didnt someone mention that it was frayed. Maybe I will research my fashion trends of the 70's......could have been cool.. Heart ya B - thanks for the laugh on my days....(ugh) off!

Anonymous said...

there she goes again...complaining about not having to go into work. Claiming to have been forced into taking time off. poor you...

There's a reason why Yeungling is America's Old Brewery. Something they're doing is spot on!