Monday, December 05, 2005

I hate snow….and rude people!


So my wonderful boss tells me that he understands that I may have to leave early today because he is aware of where I live because he docks his sailboat here. So I manage to make it through the day. Nice “HUGE” lunch at Café Asia with my “partner in crime” and then I managed to finish hours and hours of dictation for a chapter of a book that he is writing. So finally, I tell him that one of our clients is crazy and I want to go home. He laughs, and tells me to go home and play in the snow tonight and all day tomorrow. I take that as….. “S” just hang out in So. Maryland tomorrow and give DC a try Wed. I tell him no…. “Hey T, I am going to try to be in tomorrow since I will be abandoning you Friday through next Wednesday when I am playing in Vegas (stories to come while I am gone….I am sure – since my husband and I will both probably take our laptops). So anyhow, I mosey on outta the good place of employment at 5:00 PM instead of the normal 5:30 or later since I am an awesome legal assistant who was told to praise herself as much as she wants on her review she has to fill out (GAY!)….walk to Farragut and end up waiting for 10 minutes for the BBB. WTF….oh wait it gets better, once it does come(everyone in DC must ride that train at that time because I literally had to force my way onto the train), I tried to let some nice gentleman that had been waiting since the last Orange Crush came with me but he was about as frustrated as I was. No way in hell anyone was letting him on….and he was even nice enough to let women on first! He decided to wait it out another 10 minutes for the next BBB. I am sure he was thinking “BITCHES” the entire time. Well consider me one because - screw that shit…I was on. I tried and I was not waiting. I am tired of being nice. No more Mrs. Nice Girl. So I hold out bobbing my way back and forth to Metro Center and finally get a seat. I would like to thank Jane Magazine for featuring Joaquin Phoenix this month….love him. But not as much as I love my “JJ”. (He has his Jessica Simpson and Kelly Clarkson and I have my Joaquin. And Eminem….what can I say – we are strange).

Literally it was nuts – all the way to MB where I got off….standing room only. I think it would only be appropriate to thank Metro for making sure that I did not break my neck while walking to my car. I will be sure to pack snowshoes in the future or skis because that is how slippery it was as the fancy little snow plows and salt tractors sat under the awning barely touched. ROCK ON METRO…I heart you…. its now confirmed!
~S~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"JJ" sounds like a lucky guy. But Kelly Clarkson?? Come on man! :)

Anonymous said...

H - you are so silly. Yeah I was shocked too when he told me Kelly Clarkson was the other celebrity crush.

Anonymous said...

S...I'm not H....keep tryin

Anonymous said...

Gimme a hint, Pink.